Frequently Asked Question

Every Indian state has enacted certain rules and regulations with regard to conditions of work. The objective is to secure uniform benefits for employees working in different establishments, from shops, commercial establishments and residential hotels to restaurants, theatres and other places of public amusement or entertainment.
“Establishment” means a shop, commercial establishment, residential hotel, restaurant, eating house, theatre, or other place of public amusement or entertainment to which this Act applies and includes such other establishment as the [State] Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, declare to be an establishment for the purposes of this Act.
Shops Act Application is mandatory in some cases for businesses, as long as they qualify as an “Establishment” under the Shops and Establishment Act. So if you run a business in Maharashtra, you need to obtain Shop Act License under Bombay Shops and Establishments Act, 2018.
Broadly speaking the premises governed by the Act are shops, commercial establishments, residential hotels, clubs, restaurants, eating houses, theatres and other places of public amusement or entertainment.
No, There are uniform law for entire country. So in addition to the Bombay Shops and Establishments Act, 2018 , Delhi Shops and Establishments Act, 1954 and the Karnataka Shops and Establishments Act, 1961 among many, many others. The applicant shall need to know the particular act applicable for his geographical area.
The Employer engaging Labour upto 9(i.e.0 to 9) Shall Only give Intimation in "Form-F" to the government.There is no need to Registration for Employer covered under this category.There is no need to renew of Intimation Receipt/Certificate until Labour exceeds 9 (i.e. 10 and Above) for given organization.
As per law,the application who providing Goods and Services liable to register under this Act.